Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Explore it!

A week ago I woke up in the morning and realized that it’s been 14 months since I moved to Vancouver from Toronto last year. For a moment I stared into the ceiling remembering what I have done to learn about Vancouver, British Columbia the West Coast overall.

I pleasant smile appeared on my face. Good memories of road trips, hikes and discovery of West Coast with friends came back to me. I felt satisfied.

Over the last year, at least partially I was able to capture the natural beauty of British Columbia; its calm mood; its great adventurous outdoors; its mountains with snow peaks and the oceans full of sea life as sea stars visible right from Horseshoe Bay’s pier; harbor seals and sea lions; Orca whales, Humpback whales and Grey whales swimming in the waters of Vancouver Island – all of them within the driving distance from the city where I spent over a year of my life!

British Columbia made a significant impact on my life's outlook. I am passionate about nature. BC allowed me to explore it. I learned a lot. I learned about myself.

I would like to encourage everyone of you to go out there and explore the place you live in, whether it is West or East Coast, Northern Territories or US. And for those living in BC, I would like to encourage to discover the Beautiful British Columbia, the Best Place on Earth (as BC license plates shamelessly point it out to the rest of the world).

No comments: